Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Veganomicon



Nothing makes me want to cook more than seeing pictures of food. I stumbled upon Veganomicon's Flickr this morning and it lifted my spirits for the five minutes I had to peruse.

I need more motivation to cook these days.

•For starters, it is just me. Not so much fun to make fancy meals for one.

•Secondly, I would much rather go out then stay in and cook for one. I don't get to see people during my work day since a lot is done sitting at home alone, or in people's homes when they are not home.

•Thirdly, I get paid to cook for others and that has sort of taken the fun out of it and made it a chore.

Grr.

But I do have beets. I do have carrots and sweet potatoes and these Autumn Latkes would be perfect for this Autumn day.

(Don't even get me started on the rainy, windy, 40 degree late April weather. My heating bill is gonna look like December's and I made my morning oatmeal with pumpkin.)

The book is great and the flickr is too. So chin up.

(Image via: isa chandra)

No comments:

var linkwithin_site_id = 113048; Related Posts with Thumbnails