Saturday, March 22, 2008

Lost in Translation

Photobucket

I always seem to forget things conveniently.

If you put chocolate in front of my face my instinct is to eat it even though i'm allergic.

Or like how when r says he'll be somewhere in the NW my first inclination is to plan my trip to meet up. Get away for a couple days. I can use the rest. Then return home refreshed and ready to face the world again.

Problem is, I get bored about 5 hours into a 3-day "vacation." I picture myself exploring but I'm not an explorer. I am a homebody. I am a creature of habit. I went out this morning and ate groats at the same place I did last time. I went for the same run to the sculpture park I have for the past 5 years. (Although, now there are sculptures.) I took pictures of the same dino babies and then returned to the hotel. Hotels of a certain variety are all the same to me, tall with bad design and too much cross marketing.

Rad. These visits to strange places with company make me feel like Scarlett Johansson's character in Lost in Translation. You know, minus Bill Murray. Just me. Hotel room. Trying to keep busy. And he is with his people.


No comments:

var linkwithin_site_id = 113048; Related Posts with Thumbnails